A Grand Lodge Communication in what I believe is the Masonic Temple in Melbourne Australia (making it a communication of the Grand Lodge of Victoria).
I might be wrong. I found the picture floating around online and I’ve seen it in one of the many books I’ve read. I’ve got to go digging but that’s what I believe it is.
Keep within Compass and you shall be sure, to avoid many troubles which others endure
Published by Bowles & Carver .
After Robert Dighton
The English Museum
Latrant Deity Project 34-71
The Furnace of Ecstasy
An Exercise in Dyadic Mysticism
By T Polyphilus, Ep.Gn.
- There is a quiet place prepared.
- A woman and a man sit facing one another, their spines straight. The posture should be one in which both are comfortable.
- He looks into her anahata, she looks into his ajna. There is no direct eye contact between the two.
- They synchronize their breaths in complement, so that she exhales as he inhales, and vice versa. To arrange this pattern, each may touch the knee of the other while exhaling.
- Once the breathing pattern is established, they add images: he exhales flame from his anahata into hers; she exhales starlight from her ajna into his. C.f. CCXX I:16.
- Once the images are established, they add words—vibrated silently: she vibrates ON as she exhales; he vibrates IAO as he exhales. "ON is an Arcanum of Arcana; its significance is taught, gradually, in the O.T.O." —Liber Samekh "I.A.O. … is essentially the formula of Yoga or Meditiation. …this formula of I.A.O. is a formula of Tiphareth." —Liber ABA, Part III, Chapter V
- Lege! Judica! Tace!